Mechanical Measurement and Quality Control gives students a solid foundation of knowledge and skill in performing measurements and calculations. Students learn to use precision measurement tools, such as steel rule, tape measure, protractor, micrometer, height gauge, various calipers and dial indicators.
Students learn how to collect data on a sample and calculate the mean, median and standard deviation. They also learn how these concepts relate to statistical sampling, tolerance and quality control. The training package includes statistical process control (SPC) software that allows students to collect and display measurement data in a graph or spreadsheet.
Students gain proficiency in reading mechanical drawings, in selecting the proper tools for inspecting parts and in preparing quality control/inspection reports.
Mechanical Measurement and Quality Control includes everything you need for successful blended learning.
- Through LearnMate, essential resources are provided for both students and teachers.
- Students are always one click away from glossaries and help files available on each page.
- Teachers have instant access to handouts, tips and detailed activity instructions.
Mechanical Measurement and Quality Control is part of the Foundations of Advanced Manufacturing series, which teaches the introductory skills essential for success in advanced manufacturing careers.
Foundations of Advanced Manufacturing is ideal for any engineering or automated manufacturing program, providing a thorough and engaging element of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education.
- Getting Started
- Accuracy, Precision and Measurement Tools
- Units of Measurement and Conversion
- Fractions, Decimals, and Rounding
- Scaled Measurement Tools
- Vernier, Dial, and Digital Calipers
- Height Gauges and Dial Indicators
- Fixed Gauges
- Transfer Measurement Tools
- Statistical Analysis
- Statistical Process Control
- Nominal Dimensions and Tolerance
- Parts Inspection and Inspection Reports
Optional Hardware Available
Mechanical Measurement and Quality Control is also available with all the hardware you need for hands on lab activities.
Click here to learn more!