– Introduction to highway planning and engineering.
– Road and vehicle performance characteristics on given highway materials.
– Highway capacity.
– Levels of service.
– Highway classification.
– Design consistency as it relates to working with existing highway systems.
– Human factors and roadway safety.
– Traffic barriers and road safety audits.
– Environmental impact on highways.
– Design of drainage structures and systems.
– Discussion of transportation planning, land use/transportation relationships, economy, mass transit facilities and intermodal systems.
– Effect of mass transit on highway systems, including several supporting case studies.
Activity 2: Highway Planning and Development
Activity 3: Surveys
Activity 4: Geometric Design of Highways
Activity 5: Highway Materials
Activity 6: Traffic Design
Activity 7: Design of Pavements
Activity 8: Construction of Highways
Activity 9: Drainage of Highways
Activity 10: Construction of Roads on Uneven Terrain
Activity 11: Maintenance of Highways
Activity 12: Highway Economics and Finance
Activity 13: Environmental Impact on Highways
Activity 14: Highway Capacity
Activity 15: Highway Safety