This course engages students by means of compelling online curriculum with relevant projects that include:
- a comprehensive overview of lean manufacturing concepts and techniques.
- simulated scenarios and multi-level activities that demonstrate the implementation of lean principles.
- a capstone project that challenges students to apply lean manufacturing principles.
For students on a career track in mechatronics, automation and advanced manufacturing, Introduction to Lean Manufacturing serves as an excellent launching pad for more in-depth courses.
Introduction to Lean Manufacturing includes everything you need for successful blended learning.
Through LearnMate®, essential resources are provided for both students and teachers. Students are always one click away from help files and audio available on each page. Teachers have instant access to handouts, tips and detailed activity instructions.
Introduction to Lean Manufacturing is ideal for foundations, engineering, mechatronics, industrial maintenence or automated manufacturing programs, providing a thorough and engaging element of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education.
Introduction to Lean Manufacturing is part of the Foundations Skills Program and MSSC CPT Prep Program, which teaches the introductory skills essential for success in advanced manufacturing careers.
- Definition of Lean Manufacturing
- Understanding Waste
- Designing the Manufacturing Workplace
- Designing Lean Production Processes (1) – Concept
- Designing Lean Production Processes (2) – Method
- Designing a Lean Production Scheduling System
- Problem Solving Tools