The JobMaster Process Control – Temperature Trainer simulates industrial plant systems found in oil & gas, chemical and food production plants around the world. This training system, part of the JobMaster Self Assembly Process Plant, makes an excellent platform for training in all aspects of industrial temperature instrumentation and engineering. Trainees learn the theory and application, gaining skills in installation, calibration, tuning, optimization, maintenance and control.
The self-assembled trainer provides theflexibility to construct different designs, simulating a real world industrial plant environment for a wide range of educational experiences in temperature control studies. The trainer arrives unassembled and as part of the learning process students build the platform, select and connect instruments and wiring, configure the panel mounted P.I.D. controller and commission the ‘plant process’. The process control training software and can be integrated with multiple industrial-standard buses including the latest technologies from HART, Foundation Fieldbus, and Profibus.
The temperature Process Control course enables students to practice the control temperature processes, including heat exchanger and heated tank processes. Students raise and lower water temperature to preset levels using manual control and auto-tuning methods. They control the flow rate through the heat exchanger using a motorized valve, and create variable demand and supply disturbances by introducing cooled water from the reservoir tank.
- Introduction to Process Control
- Introduction to ProcessMotion Simulation Software
- Block Diagrams and Gain
- Calculating Process Gain
- Heating Element Control
- First Order Systems
- The Temperature System Time Constant
- Controlling the Temperature System Using Open Loop Control
- Introduction to On-Off Control
- On-Off Control – Tasks
- Controlling the Temperature System Using On-Off Control
- Proportional Control
- First Order Systems Under Proportional Control
- Controlling the Temperature System Using Proportional Control
- Proportional Integral Control
- Controlling the Temperature System Using Proportional Integral Control
- PID Control
- Controlling the Temperature System Using Proportional Integral Derivative Control
- Controller Selection and Design
- Designing Controllers for the Temperature System