In Robotics and Materials Handling 2, students work with RoboCell for Controller-USB, a 3D-solid modeling robotic simulation software, to program and operate the SCORBOT-ER 4u robot.
The activities challenge students to design solutions for industrial robotic applications, with emphasis on real industrial concerns, such as recording accurate positions, optimizing programming and increasing productivity.
LearnMate¬Æ E-Learning Content: Robotics and
Materials Handling 2 with SCORBOT-ER 4u
RoboCell for Controller-USB
Materials Required (sold separately)
Robotics and Materials Handling 1
Activity 2: Basic Robotic Programming Tools
Activity 3: Manipulating Blocks Project
Activity 4: Programming the Robot to Execute
Activity 5: Drawing a House
Activity 6: Roll and Pitch
Activity 7: Block Alignment Project
Activity 8: Feeders and Templates
Activity 9: Peripheral Devices
Activity 10: Linear Slidebase Project
Activity 11: Programming Using Encoder Values
Activity 12: Conditional Branching
Activity 13: Programming with Conditional Branching
Activity 14: Analog Inputs and Outputs
Activity 15: Programming a Sorting System Project
– SCORBOT-ER 4u mechanical arm and Controller-USB
– Course 1: SCORBASE for Controller-USB
– Linear conveyor with photoelectric sensor
– Gravity parts feeder
– Parts bin and parts
– I/O experiment table
– Laminated coordinate grid
– Windows XP Professional x86 (32-bit) with SP3
– Windows Vista Home Premium x86 with SP2 or Windows Vista Home Premium x64 with SP2
– Windows 7 Home Premium x86 or Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Recommended Internet browsers:
– Internet Explorer 8
– Mozilla Firefox 4.0
– Note: For Internet Explorer 9, certain features may only function in Compatibility Mode.
Internet browsers that can be used but are not recommended for LearnMate 5 client computers.
– Google Chrome 12.0.742.122
– Apple Safari 5.0.2
– Speakers or headphones if Text-to-Speech is to be used together with the course.
– For hardware-based modules, you will need the required hardware, such as a robot or CNC machine.