To maximize efficiency of part conveyance in the CIM system, pallets are not removed from the conveyor. Instead, the pallets carry part templates (holders) that are loaded and unloaded at each station by robots and manipulators. The pallets are thus free to transport parts and materials to and from any CIM station. Magnetic codes embedded on the underside of the pallets enable tracking.
To achieve a proper pallet tracking function the following additional products are required:
Conveyor stops alongside each CIM workstation include magnetic sensors for pallet detection and pneumatic pistons for halting and releasing the pallets.
A PLC control unit monitors and manages the flow of pallets on the CIM conveyor.
– Pallet Tracking Station
– Conveyor dimension: 6240mm x 1400mm (18′ x 4.6′)
– Conveyor is modular and can expanded
– Conveyor total length: approx. 16 m (48′)
– Moving belt: double flexible-chain rail
– Conveyor construction: extruded, black anodized aluminum, with slots for mounting additional hardware
– 7 x Conveyor straight sections: L=1400 mm (4.6′)
– 2 x Conveyor straight sections: L=760 mm (2.5′)
– 4 x Conveyor corner section: 90 degree, includes one leg assembly
– 1 x Conveyor drive assembly Including Motor and Gear Assembly 220/380 VAC Motor, 3-phase, 0.75 hp, 1390 rpm
Includes one straight section 1400 mm
– Conveyor system is certified for CE safety compliance.