Students mount and configure virtual components in order to create a variety of applications. Students connect different components, change parameters and observe system responses.
Students design solutions for industrial pneumaic applications with emphasis on real industrial concerns, such as power losses across components, system overheating and optimized pneumatic power.
Pneumatics 1 enables students to design basic pneumatic circuits. Applied science experiments are used to demonstrate the physical principles of fluid power.
Order #16-3037 (Virtual):
LearnMate® E-learning Content: Pneumatics 1: Fundamentals
PneuMotion pneumatic simulation software
Activity 2: Atmospheric Pressure and Vacuum
Activity 3: Atmospheric Pressure, Vacuum and
Activity 4: The Double-Acting Cylinder
Activity 5: 3/2 Valves
Activity 6: Controlling a Piston with PBs
Activity 7: 5/2 Air-Operated, Air-Returned Valve
Activity 8: 5/2 Air-Air Valves
Activity 9: Laws of Gases I
Activity 10: Laws of Gases II
Activity 11: 3/2 Air-Operated, Spring-Returned Valve
Activity 12: Spot Welding System
Activity 13: 3/2 Roller Valves
Activity 14: The Punch – A Semi-Automatic System
– PneuMotion. A computer-aided design tool that teaches students how to design and operate pneumatic and electro-pneumatic circuits.
Recommended operating systems:
– Windows XP Professional x86 (32-bit) with SP3
– Windows Vista Home Premium x86 with SP2 or Windows Vista Home Premium x64 with SP2
– Windows 7 Home Premium x86 or Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Recommended Internet browsers:
– Internet Explorer 8
– Mozilla Firefox 4.0
– Note: For Internet Explorer 9, certain features may only function in Compatibility Mode.
Internet browsers that can be used but are not recommended for LearnMate 5 client computers.
– Google Chrome 12.0.742.122
– Apple Safari 5.0.2
– Speakers or headphones if Text-to-Speech is to be used together with the course.
– For hardware-based modules, you will need the required hardware, such as a robot or CNC machine.