Introduction to Construction Technology covers the fundamentals of the construction industry. Students learn about the roles and responsibilities architects, engineers and builders. The course focuses on construction and structural principles, safety standards, and the steps involved in the design, procurement and construction of a project.
– Roles and responsibilities of individuals architects, engineers and constructors in the construction industry; how they work together and think differently.
– Steps in the design, procurement and construction of a project.
– Documentation involved in a construction project.
– Different types of schedules and estimates and how different people on a construction project use them.
– Basic structural and building construction principals
– Processes of a construction project including design, bidding, project closeout.
– Different types of law that are involved in the construction process.
– Safety standards that are involved in a construction project.
– Types of costs that are recorded on a construction project.
Activity 2: Construction Planning
Activity 3: Planning and Management Techniques
Activity 4: Project Costing
Activity 5: Scheduling and Estimates
Activity 6: Construction Materials I
Activity 7: Construction Materials II
Activity 8: Construction Methods and Machinery
Activity 9: Structural Analysis
Activity 10: Design Methods
Activity 11: Basic Components I
Activity 12: Basic Components II
Activity 13: Design Philosophy I
Activity 14: Design Philosophy II
Activity 15: Management, Manpower, Safety and Software