Intelitek’s Introduction to Environmental Engineering describes the planned management of the many natural resources required by society. Students explore resource consumption and the effect on the environment. This coures discusses environmental forecasting and provides a detailed analysis of the global impact of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). Concepts of urban air pollution and the effects of fuel driven vehicles on the environment are explored, along with a discussion of the future of electric powered vehicles.
– Resources required by modern society and how they affect the environment.
– Principles of environmental science and earth systems.
– Environmental forecasting and life cycle analysis.
– Electric power plants and batteries.
– Global impacts of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and their
interrelationship with climate change.
– Effects of diesel and gasoline transporters.
– Urban air pollution; prevention and control techniques.
– Principles of wastewater management.
– Issues posed by solid waste landfills.
– Introduction to water supply engineering.
– Risk assessment and environmental economics.
Activity 2: The Hydrosphere and Water Resources
Activity 3: Water Quality and Supply
Activity 4: Water Pollution
Activity 5: Wastewater Management
Activity 6: Fundamentals of Air Pollution
Activity 7: Global Air Pollution
Activity 8: Solid Waste Management
Activity 9: Solid Waste Disposal
Activity 10: Hazardous Waste Disposal
Activity 11: Population and Economic Growth
Activity 12: Energy Growth
Activity 13: Environmental Impact Assessment
Activity 14: Environmental Ethics
Activity 15: Sustainable Development