PLCMotion software allows students to observe and understand the control logic behind the operation of industrial PLCs and gives students practical experience in the fundamentals of PLC programming and control.
PLCMotion includes an easy to use, human-machine interface (HMI) with graphics editor that allows students to create a complete production line or industrial process in simulation mode.
In addition to simulation of virtual applications, PLCMotion can control the operation of actual PLC applications. When connected to the JobMaster Training Station with the Pneumatics Curriculum and Hardware kists, the software provides on-line graphic tracking of pneumatic tasks and operation. (Requires PLC control unit.)
PLC editing module
- A fully-operational editor for creating PLC ladder diagrams that incorporates all the basic functions of PLC programming.
- Run, debug and print ladder diagrams from within the PLC editor, making programming easier.
- Create logic control applications by selecting instructions from a list of functions used in PLC programming (inputs, outputs, timers, counters and flags) and linking these instructions to variable addresses.
- Add rungs and branches to the ladder to form more complex programs.
PLC simulation module
- Enables online and offline activation of the application in the HMI alone, or together with actual equipment.
- PLC simulator runs the ladder logic control program while the HMI responds accordingly.
- When offline, the PLC simulator allows the user to control the process either from the ladder diagram or the HMI.
- When online, the PLC simulator activates and communicates with the actual equipment, with or without graphic tracking on the HMI.
- Export and display ladder diagrams as IEC 1131-3 Instruction List.
PLC training simulator module
- Activates the PLC simulator with the panel HMI interface.
- Run a previously programmed ladder and observe it in the training panel simulation.
HMI graphic editor module
- An interactive graphic module for creating any PLC-controlled system.
- Develop original HMI (human machine interface) applications and visualize production lines and other industrial processes.
- Includes a number of sample HMIs, including one of the PLC training panel
- Simulation of sample HMI applications bundled with the software.
- Simulation of industrial PLCs, such as Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 and the Siemens Simatic S7-1200