Machine vision will be a critical part of automation systems in Industry 4.0. As data analytics capabilities progress, the high volume of data accessible through vision equipment will be used to identify and flag defective products, understand their deficiencies and enable fast and effective intervention in the Industry 4.0 factory.
This lab course introduces students to vision technology that connects cameras and computers to provide visual feedback and image interpretation critical for part inspection, robotic guidance and industrial automation processes. Students work hands-on with vision equipment to gain skills in the complex functions required for image processing, image analysis and object identification. The Machine Vision and Quality Control training package introduces students to technology that connects cameras and computers to provide the image interpretation and visual feedback needed for part inspection, robotic guidance and industrial automation.
Students use In-Sight Explorer software and the Cognex In-Sight 2000-130C camera to learn and gain skills in the complex functions required for image processing, image analysis and object identification. Students also learn how to program automated quality control applications, such as inspections, part counting and gauging. At the completion of the course, students can take a Certification exam and obtain an industry-recognized Cognex Certification.
Students gain experience that will enable them to combine the vision system with a robotic system for vision-guided robotic applications, or to integrate it within a CIM system for part inspection and quality control.
Click here to download a pdf data sheet Download
Machine Vision and Quality Control (Lab)
Activity 1: Getting Started
Activity 2: Camera and Lighting
Activity 3: Image Digitization
Activity 4: Working with Images
Activity 5: Image Enhancement
Activity 6: Using Filters
Activity 7: Object Analysis
Activity 8: Pattern Matching
Activity 9: Blob Analysis with Camera Emulators
Activity 10: Quality Control – Flaw Detection
Activity 11: Quality Control – Part Counting
Activity 12: Quality Control – Measurement and Gauging
Activity 13: Quality Control – Position Verification
Activity 14: Executing a Machine Vision Operation
Activity 15: Conclusion
– In-Sight Explorer software and EasyBuilder
– (1) Cognex In-Sight 2000-130C Camera w/mount
– (1) Machine Vision (Stand 1000mm)
– (1) 24v Power Supply
– (1) Camera Accessories (Cables)
– (1) Set of Experimental models for QC labs
– 24v Power Supply
– 1/3″ CMOS Imager: Color
– S-Mount/M12 Lenses: Manual focus 8mm
– Image Modes: 640 x 480 (standard), 640 x 480 (2x magnification), 800 x 600 (2x magnification)
– Lighting: Diffuse white LED ring light
– Maximum Acquisition Speed: 55 fps
– Relative Processing Speed: 2x
– Location Tools: Pattern, Edge, Circle
– Inspection Tools: Pattern, Pixel Count-Color, Brightness & Contrast, Edges
– Measurement & Counting Tools: Distance, Angle & Diameter; Patterns & Edges
– Networking & I/O Protocols – EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, SLMP, SLMP Scanner, Modbus TCP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, Telnet (Native Mode), RS-232
– Connectors: (1) Industrial M12 Ethernet, (1) M12 Power & I/O
– Inputs & Outputs: (1) Acquisition Trigger, (1) General purpose input, (4) General purpose outputs
– Dimensions – In-line configuration: 92 mm (3.61 in) x 60 mm (2.38 in) x 52 mm (2.05 in)
– Dimensions – Right-angle configuration: 61 mm (2.42 in) x 60 mm (2.38 in) x 52 mm (2.05 in)
– Weight: 200 g (7.05 oz)
– Material & Protection: Painted aluminum, IP64-rated housing
– Operating Power: 24 VDC ±10%, 48 W (2.0 A) maximum when the illumination is on
– Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Click here to download a pdf brochure.
Intelitek has partnered with Cognex, the global leader in Machine Vision, to develop a machine vision and quality control training program to assist high schools, community colleges, and technical schools offer an industry recognized Machine Vision certification based on the Cognex In-Sight 2000 series vision sensors. The training program delivers skills-based training and blended learning programs to prepare students for in-demand professions in industry.